Volunteer with Booster Club
We would love to have you join us! Please consider volunteering for one of the open positions for the 2023-2024 school year.
Fill out our volunteer form here
or email us at email@example.com
and let us know how you would like to get involved!
Positions available Include:
Concessions Assistant - Contact: Krista Ailey (OPEN)
- Reach out to each extracurricular advisor or their parent representative once per quarter to determine their interest and availability to participate in Concession fundraising.
- Create a volunteer schedule and answer any volunteering questions from the extracurricular organizations.
- Maintain a list of organizations willing to fill in should the assigned organization be unable to fulfill their commitment, ensure all sporting events volunteer spots are filled.
- Assist with picking up supplies for Concessions
Spirit Wear Sales Assistant - Contact: Kate Arnold (OPEN)
- Assist the Spirit Wear Manager in all aspects of Spirit Wear sales as needed
- Manage and sell Spirit Wear at all home football games
- Manage and sell Spirit Wear at other school events (outside of football season, this may occur 1-2 times per month in the evening)
Media Coordinator - Contact: Jenn Slater (OPEN)
- Create fun and engaging website posts to update our members on recent Booster Club news, events and accomplishments
- Promote upcoming Booster Club events and happenings on social media, including but not limited to Bingo, Spirit Wear Sales, Volunteer Needs, Scholarships, Grants, etc. (Twitter, Instagram & Facebook)
- Create a monthly newsletter which spotlights sponsors, highlights students and volunteers, shares our scholarship winners, shares and promotes volunteer needs, and advertise fundraising efforts & etc.
After Prom Event Volunteers - Contact: Michelle Hall (OPEN)
- There are multiple volunteer opportunities available the night of After Prom, from helping with setup, to running the event to tear down after the event. Times and roles vary depending on the situation.
Bingo Game Manager - Contact: Michelle Kelley (OPEN)
- Attend state Game Manager training,
- Manage one Bingo game per month including: assign Bingo selling tasks to student and adult volunteers, ensure all sales are operating smoothly, manage pickle sales to ensure sales goals are achieved(training provided),
- Create a positive volunteer experience for all volunteers,
- Payout winnings and Bingo hall fees, manage transport of funds,
- Create a positive gaming experience for Bingo players, resolve any customer service issues.
Bingo Caller - Contact: Michelle Kelley (OPEN)
- Call the numbers at one Bingo game per month
- Create a positive gaming experience for Bingo players
These positions are currently filled for the 2023-2024 school year:
Scholarship Coordinator - Contact: Jenn Slater & Michelle Kelly (POSITION FILLED)
- Work with the Booster Club Board to determine annual funding for scholarships
- Create and promote our annual Senior Scholarship Application and Alumni Scholarship Applications
- Collect completed applications and attend the spring Board Meeting where applications are reviewed and awarded
- Communicate with Scholarship recipients regarding funding and disbursement of funds
- Communicate with Dean of Students to include Scholarship recipients in the Senior Night of Reflection
Membership Chair - Contact: Matt Powell (POSITION FILLED)
- Develop a strategy for welcoming new families, including incoming freshmen, coaches, and teachers to Erie High and giving them a positive impression of Booster Club and the benefits of being involved.
- Develop contacts at the school to obtain information about incoming students and faculty and events for new students and their families.
- Make new families, coaches and teachers feel welcome and part of our community, ensure they know about the positive impact of Booster Club on our school, and know about membership, volunteer, and support available for extracurricular organizations.
- Connect potential volunteers with the appropriate people within Booster Club
- Attend Back to School Night and 8th Grade Registration Night to promote membership in the Booster Club.
- Communicate with the Middle school PTO’s to get in front of parents of kids who will be attending EHS to get them involved.
School Staff Liaison/Teacher Appreciation - Contact: Matt Powell (POSITION FILLED)
- Coordinate Booster Club involvement in Teacher Appreciation Week, as well as meals during Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Attend Athletic Meetings and promote Booster Club needs and opportunities to work with Booster Club
- Communicate with school admin on any Booster Club news that we need to be sent out to staff through the admin OR communicate to the admin if we need specifics in the school newsletter.